Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{OMG} Featured and Awarded

Chic and Gorgeous has been Awarded “One Lovely Blog Award”


Wow, I'm truly speechless. Where do I begin? {omg, as though I'm a movie star} Lol.. I've got to say this again FoodBuzz {yup.. that's right..repeat after me}. After I signed up with FoodBuzz community, I've made new friends with new foodie bloggers which has certainly encouraged me to continue blogging as much I could and to have mini weekend cooking or baking projects.

Now, I met a really nice lady who's a chef who added me as her friend, and from there it has helped my blog tremendously, and it's definitely a step up. Other foodie bloggers started to notice me too. {baby steps indeed}. Her name's Elizabeth from Food and Thrift Finds.

Then recently I made a Cupid Cupcake aka Pink Velvet Cupcake with Marshmallow frosting whereby the frosting recipe was adapted from Elizabeth. Little did I know, I've been FEATURED in her blog about my {Think Pink}-Cupid Cupcake for the month of October which is a Breast Awareness Month.

Wow! Another step up again. From there, a couple of her friends have became my friend too and I do look forward to reading all of their blogs every time. Can you imagine how fun and exciting that is for me?

After the surprise I stumbled upon, Elizabeth has left me a comment recently requesting me to go to her blog as she has a present for me. To my surprise, she has AWARDED me the "One Lovely Blog Award" award. Yeay!! Me jumping with joy here. {boink.. boink..}

There's nothing much I could say other that I'm truly honoured to have met such lovely foodie bloggers who shares the same passion, to continue to drive one another to whip something up every or any free time.

Now it's my turn to turn somebody's day around. There are just so many, and I'll do my level best to list them all. There're a couple of conditions which I'll be passing on in my list that I chose. For those who wish not to participate, no offense is taken at all at my part. Just to let you know that your blog truly inspires me nd that they look absolutely FABULOUS!

Conditions:-

1. Accept the award. Post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link, and thank them.

2. Pay it forward to 15 other bloggers, whose blogs you admire.

3. Contact those blog owners and let them know they’ve been chosen. {Refer below for my fav blogs..I 'm still compiling and be assured that I'll definitely update my list ;)}

1) Ali Girl Cooks
2) Kimba's Kitchen
3) Pei Li's Miniature
4) What's For Dinner Across State Lines
5) That Skinny Chick Can Bake
6) Food and Thrift Finds
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

THANK YOU Elizabeth and to all of you who reads my posts. Do stay tune for more to come {keeping fingers crossed ;p}

Have a great week ahead everyone!!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Aaawwww congrats hun, you truly deserve it. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimba! THANKS {hugs..hugss.. kiss kiss} Perhaps soon I'll be able to surprise more foodie bloggers. Chat soon. Cheers~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo-I am so honored, and so thrilled beyond belief first, that you mentioned such nice things about me, and second, that you have made friends through my blog too. That's what it's all about. Friends, and great food, and exchanging different cultural cuisines.

    The whole process is really mind boggling, how a Food (Buzz) community can bring such nice people together from all corners of the world, and still find so many things in common with each other.

    I see my name on you list that you started, and I am excited all over again, because this time I want to do something different with it.

    I would like to have my foodie friends nominate who I should give the award to. So, before I even get started, I just want to be able to make sure that everyone on my list got their awards, before I start another one.

    You truly deserve this award, I am still so touched by your lovely pink cupcakes, that I knew right away, what level to take it too, which was "Breast Cancer Awareness"...I didn't have a plan, and grabbed yours, so I'm grateful for that, and grateful to you to have become such a nice friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo-Congrats, you deserve it! And thank you for passing the award on to me. I appreciate you following my blog :)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first visit to you blog, by the encouragement of Elizabeth on her blog, which I also visited the first time today! I wanted to check it out because she mentioned making friends. I was so new at this blogging not so long ago and I am amazed at all the fellow food bloggers that I can call a friend! It is great having the joy of good food in common, you don't know how I bore many co-workers talking about food!

    It is nice to meet you and I will surely visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyndsey! THANKS for stopping by my blog. I'm a newbie in blogging too and I feel exactly the same way as you're feeling right now. After joining FoodBuzz community, I've been so lucky to meet Elizabeth and other foodie bloggers. Elizabeth's such a charm. Can't believe that we are all over the world but we sure share 1 thing in common which is the love and passion for food whether eating, cooking or baking. I checked out both The Tiny Bento and The Tiny Skillet, and I'll sure tune in too. It's a pleasure getting to know you. Chat soon. Cheers~ Jo

    ReplyDelete

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...