Friday, December 23, 2011

Cooking Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie-Cheater's Way

Over this holiday season, it's going to be a quiet one in my family. However, that will not dampen my holiday spirits. It's the best time now that I get to cook more and not only show you that I bake, I could actually cook up a storm. And if I say so myself.. the taste is wicked. It's the holidays, so a little self praised is good for the soul.

While my parents are vacationing in Spain and Portugal along together with my god-parents, I am going to record down every single thing I cook or bake, whenever I possibly can that is.
Lately, it has been raining every single day here. I love rain, but it does make things like running errands difficult. The traffic, getting wet and possibly catching a cold is a pain. Not to mention, the weather around the world is getting stranger by the day. It does cool down and sometimes I experience very cool breeze in the evening. That's really odd.. Anyways, since it has been a wet day, I thought the best pick me up to stay warm and fuzzy is my own quick cheat Chicken Pot Pie. No rue/ roux required. Plus I have promised my brother yonks ago that I will cook him my Chicken Pot Pie.

While I am sure all of you will have your own recipe, and so do I. I do usually make a rue/roux, but this time round I switch it up since I am pressed for time. My recipe? ...again cooking without one. I say so long you know the basics, you can spice up this classic dish any how you like. I thought this one "bowl" dish will make a perfect dinner meal.
For recipe: Click on image + zoom
Instead of chicken breast and heavy cream, I have replaced these two ingredients with chicken fillet and full cream milk. I love chicken fillet, as this meat is usually near the thigh area of the chicken, and it's ultra tender. Also, I don't have heavy cream in the pantry, and since Christmas is around the corner with all the goodies coming up; I thought of eating lighter and substituted it with full cream milk. However, you can replace with Low Fat Milk as well. Works out just as good, but a note: Taste will be much lighter and not as rich compared to using a full cream milk.
No matter how you cook Chicken Pot Pie, it will be delish. The key is to use fresh simple ingredients, and use a good buttery store bought puff pastry. After all, to make our own puff pastry requires a lot of skill. I think for this part, lets just let the pro make us their wonderful buttery flaky puff pastry.

Happy Holidays y'all!!

xx

6 comments:

  1. What a great chicken pot pie recipe. I love the idea of using a pre made puff pastry. It does save alot of time and work. Merry Christmas.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo. So why are you home alone and not in Spain? That's a really lovely pie you've made. I'm also making one for tomorrow's dinner. Also, I can't seem to click on your image. Not to matter. Here's wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a Yummy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just delicious! Thank you for sharing it - a stunning dish from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love chicken pot pie, it's just so homey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am sure your brother is a happy man right about now-you pot pies look amazing. There is something so comforting about this dish.. now that I am pondering on the taste, I have definitely set myself up for a craving and it is only 6 am! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I do love a good pie and this looks amazing

    ReplyDelete

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...